Hello guest! Welcome to Rajeev & Associates.
Rajeev & Associates
Services for Non-Residents
Benefits of Outsourcing
Value Added Tax
Calculate Net Profit
Calculate Net Worth
Auto Loan Calculator
Home Loan Calculator
Get No. Of Instalment
Home Buyer Delay Intrest
Home Buyer Refund
Central Sales Tax
The LLP Act 2008
Accounting Standard (INDAS)
Tamil Nadu VAT
Application & Petition Fees (NCLT)
Rates of TDS
TDS Rates for N.R.I us 195
Rates of Income Tax
Rates of Depreciation Under Companies Act
Rates of Depreciation Under Income Tax Act
ROC Filing Fees (As per Companies Act, 2013)
ROC Fee Structure (As per Companies Act, 2013)
Cost Inflation Index
Rates of NSC Interest
Gold and Silver Rates
Rates of Stamp Duty
Limited Liability Partnership Fees
National Industries of Classification
HSN Rate List
Comparison of Deduction u/s 80TTA & 80TTB
Ease Of Doing Business
Income Tax Act
Service Tax(Finance Act, 1994)
Central Sales Tax Act, 1956
The Central Excise Act, 1944
Customs Act, 1962
Entry Tax Act
Companies Act, 2013
Companies Act, 1956
The Limited Liability Partnership ACT, 2008
The Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992
Company Secretaries Act, 1980
Delhi Value Added Tax Act, 2004
Maharashtra Value Added Tax Act (2002)
West Bengal Value Added Tax Act, 2003
Tamilnadu VAT ACT, 2006
Karnataka Value Added Tax Act, 2003
Gujarat Value Added Tax Act, 2003
The Uttar Pradesh Value Added Tax Act 2008
Rajasthan Value Added Tax Act, 2003
Punjab Value Added Tax Act
Haryana Value Added Tax Act
Telangana VAT Act 2005
Andhra Pradesh Value Added Tax Act, 2005
Bihar Value Added Tax Act, 2005
The Employees' State Insurance Act, 1948
The Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
Profession Tax Act
The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
Societies Registration Act, 1860
Competition Act, 2002
Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969
Equalisation Levy Act, 2016
Right To Information Act, 2005
Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority and Rules
The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016
The Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Prohibition Of Benami Property Transaction Act 1988
IGST Act , 2017
Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
GST (Compensation to States) Act, 2017
Direct Tax Rules
Income Tax Rules
Wealth Tax Rules 1957
Income Declaration Scheme Rules 2016
Indirect Tax Rules
GST Valuation Rules , 2016
Service Tax Rules
Central Sales Tax (Delhi) Rules, 2005
Central Sales Tax (Maharashtra) Rules
Customs Valuation Rules
Cenvat Credit Rules, 2017
Entry Tax Rules
Corporate Laws Rules
Companies Rules, 2014
Limited Liability Partnership Rules, 2009
LLP Winding up Rules, 2012
The Companies Unpaid Dividend Rules, 1978
VAT Laws Rules
Delhi Value Added Tax Rules, 2005
Maharashtra Value Added Tax Rules, 2005
The West Bengal Value Added Tax Rules, 2005
Tamilnadu VAT Rules, 2007
Karnataka Value Added Tax Rules, 2005
Gujarat Value Added Tax Rules, 2006
The Uttar Pradesh Value Added Tax Rules, 2008
Rajasthan Value Added Tax Rules, 2006
Punjab Value Added Tax Rules
Haryana Value Added Tax Rules, 2003
Telangna VAT Rules 2005
Andhra Pradesh Value Added Tax Rules, 2005
Bihar Value Added Tax Rules, 2005
Profession Tax Rules
NBFC Acceptance of Public Deposits (Reserve Bank) Directions, 1998
NBFC and Miscellaneous Non-Banking Companies (Advertisement) Rules, 1977
NBFC Auditor’s Report (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2008
Delhi Labour Welfare Fund Rules, 1997
Cost records and audit Rules, 2014
Baggage Rules, 2016
Equalisation Levy Rules, 2016
NCLT And NCLAT Rules
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy of India Rules
Prohibition Of Benami Property Rules Transaction Rules 2016
Central Goods and Services Tax Rule, 2017
IGST Rules 2017
WB Vat Forms
Karnataka VAT Forms
Punjab VAT Forms
Haryana VAT Forms
Bihar VAT Forms
Tamil Nadu VAT Forms
Income Tax Forms
ROC Forms (As per Companies Act, 2013)
ROC Forms (As per Companies Act, 1956)
Income Declaration Forms
Wealth Tax Forms
Service Tax Forms
Companies Unpaid Dividend Forms
LLP Winding up
Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
Accounts and Records
Appeals and Revision
Assessment and Audit
Demands and Recovery
Input Tax Credit
Inspection, Search and Seizure
Offences and Penalties
Payment of Tax
Value of Supply
Articles for Ca (1)
Remote Work (3)
Sub Articles (1)
Sub News (0)
Sub News (0)
Updates and Press Releases (4)
GSTR 9: Annual GST Return
Category: GST, Posted on: 18/07/2020
, Posted By:
What is GSTR-9 annual return?
It is a summary of the outward and inward supplies made/received during the relevant previous year.
Who is liable to file GSTR-9, the annual return?
All taxpayers/taxable persons registered under GST must file their GSTR-9.
2. Input Service Distributors
3. Non-resident Taxpayers
4. Taxpayers under composition scheme (They must file GSTR-9A)
5. E-commerce operators (They must file GSTR-9B)
6. TDS deductor or TCS collector under Section 51 or Section 52 of the CGST Act.
For FY 17-18 & 18-19, it is mandatory only if turnover exceeds Rs 2 crore.
What is the due date for filing GSTR-9?
1. GSTR-9 (GST Annual Return) is to be filed by 31 December of the year following the particular financial year.
2. The annual return filing date has been extended several times for financial years 2017- 18 & 2018-19.
3. The due date for filing GSTR-9 (Annual Return) for FY 2018-19 is extended to June 30, 2020.
What are the consequences of not filing GSTR-9 In time?
1. Late fee for not filing GSTR-9 return on time: Rs100 per day under CGST & Rs 100 per day under SGST i.e. a total of INR 200 per day,
2. Maximum late fee: 0.25% of the total turnover of the taxpayer in the respective State or Union Territory.
*As per the decision taken in the 39th GST Council Meeting, for businesses with less than Rs 2 crore aggregate turnover in FY 2017-18 and FY 2018-19, no penalty or a late fee will be imposed for the delayed filing of GSTR-9.
What details are required to be filled in GSTR-9?
The basic details which have to be provided in GSTR-9 are as follows:
1.Details of Sales with the breakup of those on which tax is payable and not payable.
2.Details of Purchases.
4. Input Tax Credit available and reversed.
5. Details of transactions of sales and Input tax credit in the subsequent year but pertaining to the year for which return is being filed.
6. Besides that other details like HSN wise breakup of Sales & Purchases, Summary of Demands & Refunds, etc have to be provided.
7. For FY 17-18 & 18-19, some of the sections have been made optional.
Can a “NIL” GSTR-9 return be filed?
Yes, a Nil GSTR-9 can be filed if all the following conditions are satisfied:
1. No outward supply.
2. No receipt of goods/services.
3. No other liability to report.
4. Not claimed any credit.
5. No refund claimed.
6. No demand order received.
7. No late fees to be paid.
If the figure has to be reported in any of these, nil return cannot be filed.
How Web-GST simplifies your GST filing?
is an across the board GST software that simplifies your GST return filing experience with useful tools & insightful reports.
1. No outward supply.Desktop-based Solution with 100% Data Security.
2. Easy & Prompt way to prepare & file GSTR 1, 3B, 9, & 9C etc.
3. Download GSTR-2A in one-click for the whole financial year or YTD.
4. Automatically identifies data mismatches for GST compliance.
5. Claim 100% accurate ITC with the Advanced Matching Tool.
6. Track GST Returns Filing Status on a single dashboard.
7. Experience Seamless Integration with ERPs and GSTN (Premium version).
Click on the button below to know more about India's most trusted GST software, Web-GST.
Know More About Web-GST
For any questions or queries regarding GSTR 9 or Webtel's GST software, please write to
or simply comment to this article.
Disclaimer: The content of the blog does not create any responsibility of the firm / its authorized persons whose website is being accessed. The blog is not for legal use. Kindly verify the correctness of data/contents from your own sources. This is only for information purpose.
Add a Comment
Login with Google
Login with Facebook